Saturday, November 20, 2010

A post in which I run some errands and have dinner out

I needed to clean house today, but of course didn't feel like it. It was a gorgeous day, and I had only one egg in the fridge. I decided to run errands, and treat myself to breakfast out. I loaded up the car and hauled off the recycling, then headed for Stax Omega. I love their omelets, and I was ravenous. After treating myself to my favorite - the Greek, with fresh spinach and hunks of feta and a mound of fried potatoes on the side, Greek toast that was perfect, coffee and tomato juice - I felt ready to face the day.

Well actually I felt ready for a nap, but I decided to face the day anyway.

I went by a cheapo store to get some boric acid, and then to the grocery store for a few odds and ends (including eggs), and then headed home. I did boric acid on all the carpets, straightened up the bathroom (now a never-ending job, since it has become the cats' favorite room), cleaned out one corner of the living room, and then got ready to go to Russ and Billy's house.

Marshall, John, and Aaron were in town. We were all hungry when I got there, and finally decided to go to Golden Corral for dinner - I know. None of them are very adventuresome eaters. Still it was fine, and since we were hungry I was game. It wasn't too bad. They did have these little coconut tarts that were excellent. Not as good as Mama's, but then I wouldn't expect them to be.

We went back to the house and played Farkle until late. John failed to score round after round, but then got on a roll and ended up winning the game. It was good to see them.

No comments: