Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A post in which I see D'relda and Nicole

I was so excited about tonight. I packed a bag this morning so I could just go over to Donnie's after work. Which I cheerfully did.

When Nicole came in we visited for a bit. Apparently Donnie is having a rough time at work right now also. Although he was very nice about listening to me, he never quite got his story out, despite my trying to be attentive and bringing it back up.

We ended up going back to Della Ventura. I suggested it since we were in Greer anyway. Plus after tasting that red sauce that Rob had last week, I'd been lusting for it. I had mussels in red sauce over pasta. It was fantastic, but not quite as good as I had been fantasizing...

Of course they each took two bites of their food and they were done, while yours truly was sucking up pasta like a rabid hog. I ate every bit of my food, and then finished Donnie's dessert and ate some of Nicole's also. I am usually not a huge cannoli fan, but like most things they make at Della Ventura, it was exceptional. Nicole was telling us about all the behind-the-scenes stuff because she used to work at Della years ago. Everything was all the better because Donnie had bought a delightful red with us for dinner. There are advantages to having a wine guy for a friend.

After supper we just went back to Donnie's and visited some more. It was a very nice evening. I need to get out to Greer more often. I was trying to figure out how long I've known him tonight. It's around 15 years. Geez that's hard to believe.

No comments: