Sunday, November 7, 2010

A post in which the Sunday night dinner is on

I had to get something done today. Mom gets here tomorrow, and this house is a sty. Of course I had left it too late to do any real cleaning. I put a list together in my head of the things that absolutely had to be done.

I put a grocery list together, did the shopping, and then came home and made lunches for the week. I made a curried red lentil and spinach soup that actually turned out quite tasty.

While that cooled I straightened up the house enough to pass casual inspection. Since Mom will only be here for one night it should be fine. Lamp light always makes a house look it's best, and she'll be gone to class early the next day.

After cleaning myself up I went to Russ and Billy's to ride to Spartanburg with them. We left right about 5pm, but they had been up very late last night (as had I, although I slept in this morning) and were pretty worn out. We ended up sitting in the drive-through line at Starbucks for 20 minutes so we were late after all, but it was fine.

It was a casual evening. I was glad that Jeff and James didn't work themselves to death. We ordered pizza, played dice, had a couple of drinks, and just visited. I admired their beautiful newCape Cod style front porch they did themselves. It was great. I love them all so much.

If only I could find a commune or something to move into so I wouldn't have to go back to work...

No comments: