Saturday, November 27, 2010

A post in which it is flea market day!

There are two flea markets very close to each other in Columbia. Whenever I visit Mom, I try to work in a stroll through. I've made some very good buys at each of them. We just got up, had a cup of coffee, and headed out.

We made short work of the first flea market, and headed for breakfast at Lizard's Thicket, another favorite stomping ground of Mom's. I had an excellent cheese omelet, and Mom surprisingly ordered a salmon patty (of course feeding me half of it) before going to the second.

Mom picked up a couple of things, and I got a splatter guard for my microwave at the Chinese dollar store, but that was the only thing I saw that I wanted. It's just always fun to go to the flea market though.

We went back to the house and I took a nice long nap. I'm trying to pace myself so that I don't have an E-B flare-up like last year. I have the next four weekends completely booked. I just don't have time to lay around. By the time I woke up we were both starving, so Mom fixed the rest of her second Thanksgiving meal. We ate a big lunch, and then went back to the mall. I wanted some lotion from Williams-Sonoma, and it was late enough by now that people were clearing out to watch the football game tonight. We were going to watch also, but we had plenty of time to scamper out and back before it started - still no Christmas socks for Ava.

We settled in to watch the Clemson vs. USC football game. I was thinking about dana, and texted her during the game. I also sent some saucy texts to Lisa, who has turned into a Clemson fan. Shortly before the end of the game, I sent this text to Lisa "Mmmmmm chickens eating puddytat," to which she replied "Hope they get indigestion!" It was fun teasing her. Carolina won! It was a great game, made all the better because I knew how happy it would make dana that 'her chickens' won.

No comments: