Sunday, October 17, 2010

A post in which it is Sunday dinner*

Again, I got nothing done in the house today. I did manage to pry my sorry ass of the sofa a bit earlier than yesterday though, but mainly because I wanted to go make a visit after falling into the Manhunt vortex. Afterward I went to the flea market for veggies, and put on a pot of smother-fried garlic vegetables for lunches next week. While that was cooking I washed and changed the sheets, did the cat chores, and got cleaned up.

Jeff got in touch to ask me to pick up some kind of fancy seasonal beer. OK, the county is dry on Sunday. Some stores within the city limits can sell beer on Sunday, but they have to buy a special license. I was able to run one down without too much trouble, but when I got there, they were sold out of the kind Jeff wanted. They had every other kind, of course. After calling Jeff, I got some different beer.

We had fish tacos tonight, and James had made a wicked chocolate-mocha mousse topped with cherries. It was gorgeously delicious. Amanda's hand is on the mend. She was in a smaller bandage today. She gets her stitches out this week. Morgan and Andrew were there, and Amy and Erin were down from Charlotte. We were quite a merry party, despite the fact that Russ and Billy were out of town. It was a very nice evening, and a great way to top off the weekend. I certainly can't complain about a lack of company this weekend!

No comments: