Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A post in which I work on the reserve

I spent most of the day today finishing what I could do on the Canadian reserve, one of my new duties. It was pretty awful. I got a lot of it done, but some of it was beyond me. It's like a worksheet designed to torture your employees. But at least I am through with it - I think. I really hope it isn't back in my in-box in the morning.

I finally got access, after getting my boss involved three times, to the drive where the backup for my new accounts is stored. What a red tape nightmare. So work in earnest on the new accounts starts tomorrow.

I had dinner with Dad and Eve tonight. I finally got the Portofino's fix I've been craving. Eve seems to be doing well with her surgery, although she is naturally sore. While we waited for Dad at the restaurant, she asked me about Cindy. I guess she doesn't talk about them around Dad either if she can help it either. It was good to see them though. I was pretty wiped out - it' s rough week at work. I went back to the house and visited for a bit, but didn't stay late.

No comments: