Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A post in which I have supper with the rents

Work continues to be horrible, but at the end of the day I got to see the little kids come in to trick-or-treat. The company has employee’s children in every year, and we decorate our cubicles and give out candy. Of course part of it is people trying to make sure their child is the cutest. There were some really adorable children through tonight.

I stayed for a bit, and then headed out to meet Dad and Eve for dinner at Portofino’s. I just love that place. We went back to the house afterwards and visited and talked. The visit went well tonight, and Dad and I didn’t get into it. I’m trying to see them once a week. Part of it is loneliness (although that certainly hasn’t been an issue this week), but part of it is wanting to do the right thing and spend some time with them too. I’m trying to decide if I get any altruistic credit for doing it, or if it’s just selfish. I can’t decide.

On the way home Michael (the new guy on the coast I’ve been talking to) texted me and we talked for a bit. He’s three and half hours away, but he seems like a nice guy.

No comments: