Sunday, October 24, 2010

A post in which I waste a Sunday

I was shamefully lazy today. I woke early and breakfasted on left-over shrimp aspic, then lay down for a nap. Miss Kat and dana called to invite me to breakfast, but of course I had already eaten at that point. I was disappointed about that. But they called (I was still comatose on the sofa) and came by after they had breakfast. That at least got me up enough to open the blinds. I really enjoyed seeing them, but after they left I was lazier than ever.

It was hard to get motivated, plus I just plain felt tired. Part of it was drinking last night. Part of it was that after fluffing the house yesterday it looked good enough that I couldn't get a good head of disgust worked up. Most of it was that Jeff and James had texted yesterday to tell me we weren't having our Sunday dinner this week. I really look forward to that. As hard as I remind myself that no one had an obligation to entertain me, and that I'm responsible for my own happiness, I really hate to spend Sunday evenings home alone. It is the worst time of the week for loneliness, because most people are home with their families then.

I watched TV and drowsed off and on for a while, and eventually got the motivation to get cleaned up myself (in case I was invited somewhere - I wasn't). After a while I made myself get up and change the bed, wash the sheets, and fold the towels I washed last week. That was the least I could do. I didn't even make lunches. I'll take some out of the freezer to eat on this week.

The Fox Sunday night line-up had even been ousted for a baseball game. It was pretty much a bust of an evening. It was worse because there were so many things I could have used that time productively. But that happens sometimes I guess.

No comments: