Sunday, October 3, 2010

A post in which it is the Sunday dinner

I was a good boy today and cooked my beans, cleaned my squash, and packed the beans all up for lunches in plenty of time to meet Russ at 4pm as he had asked. It's a good feeling to have the chores done so I can enjoy myself.

I got to the shop, though, and no Russ. He had told me we were getting haircuts tonight, but I guess thought I would come to the house. I walked around a bit, and visited the little exotic beer shop near his while I waited.

He pulled in with Billy, James, Jeff, and Amanda. Amanda was poorly. She had cut her hand open this weekend and had to have 8 stitches! She was pitiful, so I petted her a bit since she was hurt. We hung out at the shop for a while, all got haircuts, and then they washed Amanda's hair. By the time they got done she was pretty wiped out on pain meds, and didn't even braid it back. Since her hair is over five feet long, I hope she doesn't have too much of a mess tomorrow.

Russ had put a pot of delicious veggie chili on before he left, so when we got back to the house we had bowls of that with all the fixings. It was great! We sat out on the deck visiting for a while, and went back in to halfway watch a Betty Davis movie. The real party was outside. I was sorry when I had to leave. It was a great time. I love them all so much.

No comments: