Thursday, October 7, 2010

A post in which I do some shopping

I didn't have the Canadian reserve back in my in-box today, but that may have been because all the managers were apparently tied up all day at the sales summit. Having found yesterday that there was a bad debt territory for Canada (this was apparently news to everyone) I spent most of the day today sorting and coding accounts.

When I got off work I felt both wiped out and restless. It was weird. But I couldn't go straight home today anyway; I had some errands to run. I dropped by CVS, and then went to Whole Foods to pick up some soda. While I was there I picked up some cheese and ciabatta bread for a treat. While I was looking at the bread, I had that strange feeling that someone was watching me. When I looked up, one of the bakery guys was. He looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. "Do I know you?" I asked. "No." he said. So I walked off. It turns out he was a friend I hadn't seen in a while, but he had grown a beard and was wearing his uniform. It was still pretty embarrassing when he walked up to me later. As soon as he said my name I knew who he was.

Then I went on to the regular grocery store before heading home. I had a decadent and forbidden supper of cheese toast to reward myself for being so good this week.

No comments: