Sunday, October 10, 2010

A post in which I receive an unexpected visit

I was resigned to a lonely day at home alone today, made somewhat more poignant by the fact that it was my own fault I was home alone, and the knowledge that my friends were off together having fun. But it didn't turn out that way. I was just getting ready to fix breakfast when the phone rang. It was Justin, and after a brief conversation I invited him over for breakfast and coffee.

Sometimes pleasures are the sweeter for being unexpected. Such was the case. I got out the Wedgwood and made a pot of coffee. We had a lovely chatty breakfast, and the weather was so pretty we sat out on the front porch and drank almost another whole pot. When that was done, we decided to go antiquing for a bit, and hit a couple of places before he went to meet Chad for lunch.

I really kind of squandered the rest of the day, I'm embarrassed to admit. I did some really simple lunches for next week, and got cleaned up in case someone called me to go do something, but no one did. I had seen Miss Kat and dana for the last two days and it really didn't seem fair to impose upon them again. Russ and Billy would probably get in late, as would Jeff and James. I just watched the Fox lineup and went to bed.

No comments: