Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A post in which I do a few little things

When I got off work today I could go home, so I did.

I ate dibs and dabs out of the fridge for supper. I needed to do that, after I ate so richly yesterday - especially eating meat and all. I balanced my checkbook while I watched I Remember Mama. I'm not a huge Irene Dunne fan (although I do adore the old Showboat she starred in), but that is a touching movie. I think she's very good in it. It's exactly the type of movie that could never get made today, unfortunately. I can't imagine a modern audience waiting around for that kind of story.

I also washed my bath mat, which I meant to do all week last week. I folded the load of clothes I washed Monday, cleaned up the kitchen, and watched Swamp People until time for bed with a ridiculously exaggerated sense of accomplishment.

No comments: