Friday, October 1, 2010

A post in which it is a busy Friday

Month end was yesterday, so of course today was a zoo at work. I didn't get a chance to talk to my Canadian contact, and today was the last day. There were still no tutorials from her when I left. She works later than I do, but it's all over now. She'll either send them or she won't. I'll deal with it next week, one way or the other.

I did have an interesting call today. A guy named Randy, who I have been seeing off and on for a couple of years, is finally out of a relationship that wasn't working. It hadn't been for some time, but he couldn't see a way out. He's finally about to get free. He asked if he could come stay with me for a bit while he gets things sorted out. Well of course he could. I'll be really glad of the company. And maybe things will work out another way... It's something to look forward to at any rate.

I had left a message for Miss Kat and dana because I really wanted to see them tonight, but hadn't heard from them. For some reason I've been really restless all week this week, so I put the wrong-sized pants in the back seat of the car this morning to use as a back up tonight. I was on the way to exchange them when I decided to call Dad to see how he was feeling. He hadn't been to the doctor today, but was feeling much better. They were at dinner and invited me to join them, which was how I ended up at Red Lobster.

After an interminable drive across town (of course, because I was in a hurry) I got to the restaurant, where the people were even slower. I mean unbelievably slow. It was like watching geographic formations take shape. I know old people are supposed to have good insurance rates because they are so careful behind the wheel, but after watching a couple of them take a half hour to back out of a parking space, I have to say the temptation to just ram a couple of those huge Chryslers out of the way was almost overwhelming. Of course hitting one of them with my car would be like swatting an elephant with a paper cup - it would just smear down the side like bug. While some fjords were growing in the parking lot, I was able to get a space. Eventually I made it inside and had some supper.

While I was eating, Miss Kat called and invited me on over. I finished up supper, said my goodbyes, and then tore across town as fast as I could. It was so great to get to Miss Kat and dana's house! Truly one of my happiest places. We didn't really do anything, just hung out, visited, watched a bit of TV, and enjoyed each other's company. I had thought I was being smart by leaving the remnants of the snack food from the game at their house last weekend, but they were still there, and I ended up making a pretty bad dent in a bag of Wise Honey BBQ chips. Those things are freakin addictive.

No comments: