Sunday, June 28, 2009

A post in which it is a lazy Sunday**

I was up early, and got to Miss Kat and dana’s by 7:30. They had said we were leaving at 8. When I got there they were making breakfast. Blueberry pancakes! Yummy. They have blueberry bushes in their yard, and thus are blessed with a largess of them.

We had breakfast, drank coffee, smoked, talked, and watched snatches of Camille, which was on TCM this morning. Helen came up. This trip had kind of been planned as an outing for her because she gets so bored sitting at home. Eventually, we headed on up the road.

It was hot again today, but not as bad as yesterday. We were about halfway through the flea market when I called Justin to see if he wanted me to pick up a platter I found in his china pattern. I went back to get it, and got separated from dana and Helen. I didn’t find them for the rest of the trip. I hate it when that happens. dana had left her phone in the car, so I couldn’t get in touch with her.

I didn’t get anything exciting for me today. I found some borderline decent tomatoes (the first ones I have bought this year – apparently the tomato crops aren’t doing well) and some socks.

We eventually all found each other and headed on home to cool down.

By the time we got back to their place, I was ravenous. I hadn’t had any protein this morning, and so my sugar was out of whack. We ended up going for Mexican. I had shrimp quesadillas with extra cheese sauce – and they were SO good. It was one of those times that I knew exactly what I wanted and was able to get it. That always hits the spot.

After lunch, we were all ready for a nap. I went back to my house.

I fooled around on the computer for a bit, but eventually lay down for a while. When I woke up, a buddy came by for a bit. It was nice enough.

I should have cooked today. I figured out what I wanted to make for lunches this week. But once again, I was having a problem getting motivated today. After the nap, I did straighten up a very little bit, and I changed the sheets, but that was about all I could make myself do. I’m putting off everything until next weekend, since we get a long weekend then.

I had tomato sandwich in a bowl for dinner tonight. I love that. My friend Todd told me about it. There really isn’t anything better on a hot day. Plus you don’t have to heat up the house cooking.

I was relaxing with the FOX Sunday line up, and texting Jeremiah when I got a surprise text from Allen, a guy I went out with last month. I still hear from Jeremiah every now and then, although he usually doesn’t actually show up. I haven’t figured out what his deal is. Anyway Allen, surprisingly, wanted to come by. I was a bit nonplussed, but said sure. Apparently his mother is staying with him for the summer, and has taken a part-time job where he works. This seems to be a bit much for Allen, and he just needed to blow off some steam. We had a surprisingly good visit, and then I sent him on home to mama.

After which I turned in. Even after a nap today, it has been a long weekend. And another week starts tomorrow.

No comments: