Monday, June 15, 2009

A post in which I get a few things done

I had taken the day off work today as a “drop” day. After a heavy scene, you fly for a while on endorphins, but you pay for that with a drop later many times. I was up early, about 5am. I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t. I was fidgety and antsy. I didn’t want to keep M awake, so eventually I just got up and came on home.

I had talked to Terry last night and told him I was staying in Spartanburg, so he just stayed at my place again last night. I figured he would be up at 6:30am to go to work anyway, and I’d try sleeping some more after he left; but he was off today. I read for a while on the sofa, and eventually drifted off there for a while. We both woke up around 9 or so, and started talking.

I made some coffee, and we smoked and talked for about two hours. We haven’t seen that much of each other since he’s been staying at the house. I’ve had a lot going on and have been out of town a lot, and even when I’m in town he leaves for work very early. I told him all about SELF, and we both talked about boyfriend problems and possible solutions. It was nice to have the luxury of mutual time for a good long talk with an old friend.

Around 11, I decided that I had to start getting something done, and he headed on home. I did some laundry and put fresh sheets on the bed. I had a bite to eat, read for a bit, and tried to get a little more sleep, but it just wasn’t working. I just got up, hauled stuff to the Goodwill, took the recycling, and ran to the grocery store.

I got home just in time to miss a thunderstorm. I had intended to do some cooking today for this week, but by the time I got home it was after 5. M was getting home about 6:30, and I had told him I would go to his place again tonight since I was off today. I stashed the groceries, saw to the cats, got cleaned up, and headed for Spartanburg.

M and I have agreed that we need to eat more at home. We’re both broke from a month-long blitz of nearly nightly dating. He was eating at his place, so I ran by Subway and just grabbed a veggie sub. Not the healthiest thing, but better than some stuff I could have eaten.

M and I ended up watching episodes of True Blood while we ate and snuggled. I had seen most of the first season with Russ and Billy (as well as having read the series of books on which the show is based), but M hadn’t seen them all. It’s a good show, and the episodes were worth sitting through again. Tara’s Southern accent is atrocious, but I like her character enough to look past it. Bill is a bit too brooding and his Elvis impersonation gets on my nerves, but I guess they have to have some way for him to be obviously different from the humans.

M apparently has a vampire fetish, and going to bed tonight was interesting. Maybe we need to watch more vampire stuff. I’m thinking maybe I’ll dress up as a vampire for Halloween this year…

No comments: