Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A post in which I drop, but more gently than I have at times

Discord must have just been in the atmosphere today. M and I both had lousy days at work. My boss kept me at my desk through my lunch hour, waiting for status on one account (that didn't come through) for a presentation I was doing for a meeting that he then canceled. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I found out yesterday that Anna doesn’t work in the cafeteria at work any longer. I was disappointed about that; I’ll miss seeing her every day. I left her a message yesterday, but of course didn’t get a response. She is really hard to get a hold of. But I called her this afternoon and caught her. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes. She caught me up on what was going on with her, and I told her all about SELF. She badly wants to get into the life, but just doesn’t seem to be able to reach out for it. It was really good to talk to her though.

I hit the gym and then ran by the grocery store after work. M had called to say he was having dinner with friends, and would be down after that. I grabbed some salad and grocery store sushi for dinner, and threw in a load of laundry when I got home.

I have been obsessively checking email today to see if I have a response from Big Red. She sent me an email last night, saying that she would look over my write-up this morning, and I haven’t heard from her. I don’t know if this is a patience exercise, or if she’s just tied up with other things. Mys Shay, though, sent a super nice email telling me how much she enjoyed what I wrote. I’ve decided not to call Big Red yet. When I talked to her last, she sounded as if she had a lot going on, kind of distant. I’m not sure if that was just my interpretation or not – her emails have been very nice. But I’m not going to bug her about this just yet. I’m taking a page from Robin’s book – I am patience. Well I know I’m supposed to be anyway.

I have generally just been feeling out-of-sorts, impatient, and like a wig that has been through the clothes dryer today. I guess today was my drop day. It’s always hard to shift from your True Self and what’s really important back to the inanity and stupidity you have to deal with in day-to-day life. Maybe that’s what heaven is. A place where you live life as it should be lived – doing only things that matter with people you care about - in a bullshit free zone. It’s a nice thought anyway.

I was messing around on the computer when M came in from dinner. We started venting about our days, and just ended up lying on the bed and talking for a good while. I love those kind of talks, when you have nowhere you have to be, and time to just wander through subjects and enjoy each other's company. When you have a chance to get to know each other better.

We ended up just reading together in the bed until it was time to turn in.

We were both kind of ready for sleep, but we found the energy to say goodnight properly :-)

No comments: