Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A post in which I am back in the office

I went back into work today with a fair amount of trepidation. I was pretty much caught up when I left, but I know there is a backlog of accounts waiting to be placed. If they had come in while I was out, I would be snowed under. But they hadn't, and I was able to get caught up by the end of the day.

I talked to Russ today via text. Apparently Billy's back is feeling better, and they are going to SELF this weekend. That's good, because I've already paid for the run, and this means I'll have some place to stay. It's bad because I am broke. I knew I'd be short of funds after going to the Edge last weekend, but I didn't know about the dating spree I'd be on as well for three weeks. At the time I booked the trip, my dating life was pretty much a non-concern. So I'll have to put the rest of the trip (meals, etc) on the credit card. But that's OK. I'm entitled to spend a bit. I'm looking at this as my vacation. Hopefully I'll have some money saved by the time I go off with Mom this fall.

I hit the gym for the first time since last Wednesday, which was a good thing.

I talked to M on the way home, and he worked out too. He is worn out. So we took the night off, which wasn't a bad thing. When I got home I was surprisingly exhausted too. I ate a bowl of macaroni salad and fooled around on the computer for a while, but eventually had to get motivated to do some of the 800 little jobs at the house that are waiting to be done.

I dragged through some laundry and some other miscellaneous chores before collapsing in the bed with the Tuesday night Family Guy marathon.

No comments: