Monday, June 22, 2009

A post in which I make an official announcement

I sent this email out to my friends today:

I am officially fine, as of today.

I appreciate the concern, and for ya'll putting up with my drunk ass this past couple of days, but you don't have to worry about me any longer; well at least not any more than you did before.

I just realized yesterday/today that:

1. OK, so what I thought was real wasn't real. That sucks, but it's part of getting back out there. I am disappointed that he couldn't communicate with me like a person, and the way he did it was completely shitty; but if he wasn't feeling it, I'm just as well out of it.

2. I didn't fall apart like this over Michael, my real relationship - there's no reason I should after spending a month with a narcissistic emotionally stunted child.

3. There will be other guys, and better guys. This wasn't my last shot. I just got thrown off the horse harder than I was expecting, and with no warning.

4. Getting hurt is the price you pay for being able to put yourself out there. I'm strong enough to survive it if making myself vulnerable gets me hurt. That's part of knowing you are healthy and strong enough to be back out there again.

I am not crawling back into a hole for six months. I am not suicidal. I may be a bit stuck in 'Hook Up To Forget The Ex' stage, but that's not going to go on too long. I think I may be talking to the Rebound Guy right now, but I'm not sure. Details as they happen.

Russ and Billy have official veto power over future boyfriends. If they say he's outta there, then he's gone.

I don't think I'm going to put you through this every time. I know I'm going to get my heart slammed in the door again. But thank you for putting up with the histrionics this time. This was the first time, and poorly done, so it was rough. I must be younger than I thought - I thought I had gotten rid of all the drama queen stuff, but there was still some left. Who knew?

I love you all, and thank you very sincerely for your love and support.

***

I mean it too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean we can go eat and stuff again?Kind of missing my Stevie time MsR PS ALOT

thefabulousmrthing said...

Yes, that's exactly what it means. I'm not sure who this is, but get in touch. I'm good.

Anonymous said...

hope you don't do to the "rebound guy" what this guy did to you

thefabulousmrthing said...

Oh no. Not my style. If I care about someone at all, I would at least talk to them on the phone. After a month, it would be face to face.

I try to take lessons from when I am treated badly, and treat others with more compassion.