Monday, May 11, 2009

A post in which I have a date*

I had taken the day off today to kind of get some stuff caught up at the house, but I was too lazy to get much done. I’ve spent the last week in perpetual motion and I guess I just needed some down time. I was also pretty floaty and dreamy still.

I ate breakfast, took a nap, and did some laundry from the camp out: blankets and the like. Changed the sheets. I had a buddy come by for a bit. I picked up my suit from the cleaners, which I had forgotten to do a last weekend, and hauled off the recycling. I had intended to do the thrift shop run today, but ended up short of time. Plus the last time I did Red Ribbon I didn’t find anything but junk really. I think some queen there is skimming off the good stuff before it gets into inventory.

I had a real date tonight. The first in a long time. I called him about 11, but didn’t hear back. I called again around 4, and got him. After he derided one of my favorite restaurants (but told me he had no plans for what we were going to do tonight), he started trying to give me directions to a place neither of us had been before while I was driving. He informed me that his favorite restaurants were all in Charlotte or Atlanta. He finally told me he would just call me back when he got off work. So now I had no idea how long I have to get ready. By that point I was disappointed enough to think about just canceling, but I’m trying not to eliminate guys without going out with them first.

He called me back shortly after 5 and after the SALT talks were re-visited (he's a very picky eater, another pet peeve of mine), we decided to meet at a Mexican place in Easley. I read for a bit, and then headed over there. It was OK. He’s a nice enough guy. But I’d already kind of gotten the ick about it. We had a nice enough dinner, but conversation was hard to come by after I got through the details on the camp out. He listened with a fair amount of interest, but it seemed more of a novelty to him than something he was really trying to understand.

We met for dinner at 6. I drove back from Easley, went to the grocery store, and was home by 8. I guess it's back to the drawing board. Again. It wasn't the fact that he didn't like my restaurant, it was the fact that he was kind of snotty about not liking it. And this was a first date, when he's supposed to be on his best behavior. I couldn't help but wonder what he would be like in a couple of weeks.

I talked to Justin for a bit, and he invited me to a get-together at his house on Saturday. That will be fun. It’s been too long since I’ve seen them all up there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just a comment on this date thingy....................RUN , RUN LIKE THE WIND ..............if thats his first date behaviour, do you really want to see how he is after a few ?lol BTW I miss seeing you, we should eat or something......SOON I want to hear all about freaky deaky weekend lol Michael