Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A post in which I observe Father's Day

I was up at 5am again today. I woke from a very vivid dream in which I was making an impassioned plea before the court on behalf of the company, asking the judge to send down a verdict that would “hearken to the days of a truer America, and reinforce the doctrine of personal responsibility”. I was very eloquent in the dream. I thought upon awakening that I would have made a helluva lawyer. But it’s too late now. It takes so much schooling – and way too much money. It’s not enough to be ABLE to do something any more. You have to have a very expensive piece of paper saying that a bunch of other people agree that you can.

I called Dad first thing this morning. I was out all evening last night, and haven’t heard back from him. I caught him in a surprisingly good mood, and we agreed to do ‘Father’s Day’ dinner tonight.

Work was work. I’m waiting for my write-offs to be approved here, so I can beg for them to be approved in California, but my boss is just letting stuff sit in his in-box, as he sometimes does.

I got off early today to go to the dentist. I love my hygienist. She is so sweet to me. I told her today that if I hit the lottery I would take her away from all that and make her my personal teeth cleaner. I have a small cavity they’re going to have to fill.

I left there and went home to change clothes, go to the store, etc. While I was at the house, I did some evening stuff so I could go visit with Dad for a bit after we had dinner. He gets upset if I don’t go to the house after we eat. I did everything but remember his card, which I left on the bar in the kitchen. Dammit.

I went over and met him at the store. Eve decided we were eating Italian food because she wanted spaghetti, despite the fact that it was a Father’s Day thing, and I’m pretty sure that Dad wanted Mexican food. I left that for them to sort out. We went to a great place in Greer and I had a really good calzone. I also managed to snag the check from the waitress before Dad got it. He usually won’t let me pay when we go out, even on his birthday. I figured since I was doing this two days late and had even forgotten his card, paying for dinner was the least I could do.

Afterwards I did go back to the house for a bit and visited, but I wasn’t staying late. I’m having an awful time with my insomnia right now. No matter what time I go to bed I wake up at 5am. I wanted to get in bed early, but I also wanted to talk to Jason. I figured he’d be in early, since he had to be at work at 6:30am today, but I didn’t catch him.

I checked on Manhunt, and M was on again. Every time I go on, he’s on there. Interesting. (Were I of a more unkind and bitchy nature, I would think that he's busy laying the snare for the next unfortunate victim, but I'm not that bitter. Meow.) But then I suppose there’s no reason for him not to get right back out there, since he has no regrets and nothing to recover from. For that matter, I got right back out there too. I guess that’s just as bad as driving by his house, and I need to stop it.

I saw that Jason had viewed my profile again. The main reason I really go on now is to look at his pictures. He is soooo cute. I hope I get to meet him.

I practiced my Western grip, turned off my ringer, and went to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jiminy Cricket says : When you date a homo slut ,make sure that its just for butt,always fun, but comes the cut .....hes just a mutt! etc etc etc lol sing to the tune of wish upon a star everytime your Dick takes over lol I'm feeling WICKEDly clever this morning lol the good M

thefabulousmrthing said...

Excellent work Jiminy!