Friday, May 1, 2009

A post in which I have dinner with Dick and Eve*

My boss took the day off today, which is always kind of like a day off for us too. Not that I could really goof off. I had that huge extra report to do. But I'm caught up on calls and all the new accounts are processed, which is always a good feeling.

I woke up today thinking about desserts. The camp out is next weekend, and it's time for me to decide what I'm going to do. I already knew most of what I am making, of course, but couldn't decide on the last one. I consulted Anna to render a final opinion. We decided that a tropical fruit trifle would be the best 5th dessert, over a cookie bar plate. The theme this year is "Hawaiian Luau". I had planned on doing the shopping tonight, and the pound cake tomorrow, but fate intervened. I hadn't had time to look up the recipes and do a shopping list at work today anyway.

Dad called. He bought the house he though I might want. After work I met them to look at it. It could be a nice place, but it needs a lot of love. The yard is a mess, and the inside is dark and dreary. It has a tiny kitchen, and small rooms overall. It is in a much nicer neighborhood than I live in now, but the tiny kitchen really killed the deal for me. It needs so much work and money to make it nice. If I want to spend that kind of money, I can fix up my house now to be really nice - without having to move - and keeping my big custom kitchen. That's kind of a no-brainer for me. Honestly, I just don't feel like taking a huge project like that on right now. Even for an all-brick exterior, new heat pump, and nice duct work.

After we looked at the house we went over to El Matador for dinner. All I could think about was their food today, so when Eve asked me where I wanted to go I already knew. We had a great meal, and I went over to their house afterwards to visit for a while. I caught him up on all the family stuff and we had a pretty good visit.

I got home after midnight tired and completely ready for bed, but signed on to Manhunt for a mo to get my messages and that good intention just vanished. Most websites around here, the guys just want to look at your picture or email you while they beat off, but on Manhunt for some reason they mean business. It was fun though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eagerness is always good lol got to love the manhunt M&J