Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Saturday in which I am not very productive*

I fully intended to get up first thing, get thank you notes to send out, mail them, put together a grocery list, and bake a pound cake today. Maybe two. But I was bone idle instead.

I got up and went to the flea market for produce. I checked the gourmet food lady to see if there were any dainties on hand to enhance my planned desserts. Nada. I also did the stroll, but there was no glass today. I was dying for salad with ranchamole on it. They have it at El Matador and I got the taste for it last night. I picked up a couple of avocados for an experiment to see if I could make it myself, but my initial experiment wasn't very successful. Still, I ate a huge salad, after which I decided I needed a nap.

Then I logged on for a bit, ostensibly to look up recipes. I also logged into Manhunt to check my messages. And that was the end of that. I ended up chatting for way too long, among other things. I did talk to a really nice guy I talked to before in Charlotte. I should have gone up with Russ apparently. He's really cute, and he emailed me first, which surprised me. We've talked before on Bear411, but I never made it up there to see him - he bartends at the Eagle. I should have. He's smart and funny. Not to mention way hot. Which kind of makes me wonder what he sees in me. I know he has guys climbing all over him at the bar. We always start off talking well, and then he suddenly has to go. Makes me feel a bit more insecure about it.

Anyway, I ended up having a visitor. While I was waiting, I chatted. I also straightened up the house, since Terry was coming to stay tonight. After my buddy left I got out all my recipes, looked up the ones I didn't have, and got a grocery list together. By that time it was about 6, and I wanted to go see Miss Kat and dana tonight. dana had called earlier in the day to invite me.

I ran to the store and just picked up only what I could remember as I passed by it, and what I needed to make a pound cake tomorrow. I'm not getting off cheap this time; buying four and a half pounds of chocolate is just not cheap, even when it's on sale. Then I went on over to Miss Kat and dana's. We had a good visit. Terry got to the house while I was gone. I called to make sure he found everything he needed and woke him up. He must have been really bushed; poor guy.

I came in as quietly as I could, but not to worry. He was sawing little branches. I crept on quietly to bed.

No comments: