Friday, May 22, 2009

A post in which I start the long weekend off right

My boss did his best today to make sure that I appreciate my day off on Monday. And that's all I have to say about that.

I did hear from M this afternoon via text. I had sent him a message earlier today. I want to leave him alone to enjoy his time with his friends, but I really miss him. He had left his phone in the room though, and didn't get the message until later. I wasn't like worried or anything, but it was really good to hear from him.

After work, I hit the gym to burn off some steam. I felt much better when I got off the walker. I have this line on the top of my stomach now (like the start of that split down the middle), but all this fat under it on my lower abs, which is odd.

dana had called me this afternoon. Her friend Greg is in town from Atlanta. She invited me over, but since Terry was coming in this evening, they agreed to come to my place instead. When I got home Terry was already at the house. We tidied up a bit. I wanted to make some cookies instead of getting pre-mades at the store, but I had a problem finding a recipe, and by the time I found one they were here, so we didn't have any cookies :(

But it was fine. We had a good visit, and Terry and I told stories from the old days. We ended up watching Vegas in Space, which they had never seen - not a huge surprise.

It was a very nice evening, but we had all worked that day, and before the movie was over, Terry dropped out to go to bed. Shortly afterward, Miss Kat said she had to hit the hay too, and the evening broke up. Still, it was good to see them, and a great way to start the long weekend.

When they left I got Terry up to move him to the sofa, and we ended up having a long talk about the situation with M. It seems everyone is worried about different things that really aren't a problem. Terry is afraid that I'll be overly concerned with not being the pretty one, or what people think when they see us together, which is of pretty much no concern to me. Miss Kat is worried that I am too hung up on his looks. OK, he is gorgeous. But if all I wanted was a romp with a pretty boy, I've already had that. That isn't what's bringing me back for more here. Still, Terry and I had a good talk. He was very encouraging, and I went to bed feeling good.

No comments: