Thursday, May 21, 2009

A post in which M leaves for Florida

Well I was up early again. 5am to be exact. But I couldn’t go back to sleep, despite M being very patient during the trial of a variety of cuddling positions. Eventually I just woke him up. He’s leaving for Florida today anyway. I couldn’t send him off without something to remember me by while he’s gone, right? We ended up with me holding a pillow over my face so I wouldn’t wake up the whole house. There are times when I can be quiet, and then there are times when I just can’t.

We got ready, said our goodbyes, and headed off to work. Doing routine things together is surprisingly comfortable. I tried to talk to his roommate this morning. I wanted to get things off on the right foot with her, but I that attempt pretty much tanked. M said it wasn’t me, and I hope that’s the case.

I’ll miss him. But it’s probably good that we have a chance to back off a little bit. I’ve been trying really hard not to over-think this week; just to let go and enjoy the roller coaster ride for what it is. I am so bad to have to tidy up my brain and cubbyhole everything. I’ve been really trying to just let things happen and enjoy the rush - the magic that is this stage. But after four days on the roller coaster I need a little time. We talked about that a bit last night actually. Thankfully, he was realistic about the fact that neither one of us could keep up this pace.

We texted periodically through the day again, and he called me after he left work and chatted a bit. Surprisingly, I had a very productive day at work. I had to keep working or I would fall asleep. Fatigue is just hanging on me like wet clothes today. Everything I do feels slow and drug-out. It was a long day at work.

Eventually, though, it ended. I hit the gym. That went surprisingly well under the circumstances. And then I went home.

I had intended to eat and go right to bed, but I had to catch up on a bunch of little niggly things that needed doing at the house. Jinx was suitably outraged that I had changed her feeding schedule around to be gone last night, and had to be mollified.

I texted with M a bit. I changed my Manhunt profile, and caught up on messages. I did some emails, and changed out a load of laundry so I could wash my workout clothes.

Then I finished up, took a sleeping pill, and went the hell to bed. Thankfully.

No comments: