Thursday, May 14, 2009

A post in which I prepare for the weekend

I forgot my gym bag today, so I went home on my lunch hour to get it. Which would be virtuous of me if I hadn't skipped work outs for the last two weeks. The week after Poppy's funeral I frankly just didn't care, and last week I was making desserts every evening. There was just no way I could work out and cook all evening every evening, or so I rationalized. I went up a level on the elliptical walker, so I'm now two levels above "granny mode". I felt good about that, but it was tough today. I was tired. Still, I decided I wasn't going to give up my lunch hour for nothing.

I really didn't want salad again tonight. I've been eating on this bag of leftover salad that I got from the LOCK camp out, and it's a bit past it's prime. But I had other salad stuff to go with it and I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to eat, so the rule is that when I can't make up my mind I eat what's at the house. So I used up the last of the salad stuff, and then finished up the ice cream that was in the freezer. That's fucked up rationalization for you. Still, better the exercise and then eat the ice cream than to eat the ice cream and not exercise, right?

The other reason I didn't go out tonight was that I'm going out to eat tomorrow night with Anna. I'm so looking forward to spending some time with her and catching up. I washed some clothes so my favorite shorts would be clean for tomorrow night, and turned in to bed early. I'm really beat this week.

No comments: