Saturday, May 23, 2009

A post in which I visit Miss Kat, dana, and Greg

After Justin and Amanda left, it was almost 8pm. I was wiped. I had been shopping since 9:15am this morning. I had thought I might just stay in tonight, but when Terry came in from work, he had that look. He apparently had a really lousy day today. I could tell he really needed some quiet time. So I checked in with dana about whether or not it was too late, left him the house, and went on over for a visit.

We had a nice evening, as always. We caught the end of Little Miss Sunshine, which they had never seen, talked, laughed, and just enjoyed each other's company.

I've been missing my baby today. I was tickled to get a text from him. He says the sweetest things to me. Tonight we were texting back and forth, saying too-sweet things we might feel but could never say face-to-face. That's one benefit of texting anyway. In some ways its more honest. We miss each other. He says the guys down there are a bunch of shallow meat-head drug addicts, and that none of them have anything on me. I know he's on vacation, and I know he's off having fun, and that's as it should be. But it sure did warm my heart to hear from him tonight.

I drove home with the windows down and sweet, silkily cool damp spring air stroking my skin. Barry White on the stereo. My mind pleasantly fuzzed from an evening of socializing, my phone vibrating contentedly against my thigh with a good night text message from the sweetest boy in the world. Yeah, I am pretty much king of the fucking world. It just doesn't get much better, unless he's actually with me.

No comments: