Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A post in which I come home to a sweet man - and a surprise

When I got in to work today my write-offs were all back from California. Overnight. That just doesn’t happen. So I’m pretty much set for month end at this point. I got my weekly stuff done and in on time as well. The whole department is abuzz with a special audit project they have going on, but thankfully it hasn’t involved me yet.

So M emails me today and just says he’s going to come down, which just completes a red-letter day for me. He’s tired from his trip catching up with him, so we agree to hit the hay early, and no monkey-business. He needs his rest, and I want him to feel good.

I was going to get my hair cut tonight. I decided it was time to tell Russ what was going on. Russ has heard a lot of the same crap I have about M. I knew he would be skeptical, and he was; mostly because he’s concerned for me. But when I told him what has been happening, he was pretty good about it. He trusts my judgment enough to be open to the fact that what I’m feeling here feels real to me. What M is showing me feels real and right. Oh so right. And oh so SO good.

I got home to find M at the house. He had called me and I told him where the key was. It felt so incredibly good to come home to him. It really felt like coming home. He was watching a movie, and I noticed that the television that died this week was in the floor. He had brought his television to the house and just hooked it up. That really shows a lot of trust at this stage. Of course if things didn’t work out, I would give him his TV back, but its early days for him to trust that.

We talked for a bit, and watched a bit of the movie, then headed out for supper. We went to Cracker Barrel tonight. I was thinking that my mother, and Miss Kat and dana, would be thrilled. That’s about the only time I eat there is with them.

Over dinner we started talking about my friends, their reactions, and people he would be meeting. I’m glad he’s not paranoid, because almost all my friends know him, or know of him apparently. Eventually he was like “Isn’t there anyone I can ask about you? That I would know?” I couldn’t think of anyone. I offered to give him some references to call, but he demurred. The main difference, I told him, was that he’s the pretty one. Of course people are going to watch and comment more on what he does. I’ve kind of reached the age of invisibility in the gay community. Plus I don’t do the bar scene any longer. He didn’t seem overly concerned, but I’m hoping that he’ll be more at ease about that after he meets some of my friends.

We came home after dinner and just went on to bed. The talk we started over dinner just went on. We stayed up talking about pets we’d had, roommates, and just general impressions and memories. The more I see of this man, the more comfortable I get, and the more right this feels. It just feels natural for us to be together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him to call me (laughs like the Wicked Witch) I'll talk to him anytime he wants to know ANYTHING lol.Now wheres that little dog?lol I am just tickled pink and green with envy!!The early days are so much fun ! Sounds like Mr.Things almost ,dare I say it ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could it be true........did hell freeze over?,,,,,,is it possible?,,,,, happy?Much love to BOTH of you Ms.R( and I mean it sweetie ,you deserve to be happy.btw way not telling my age BUT the hubby is way younger than me so i say GO FOR IT !!!

thefabulousmrthing said...

Thank you :) And yes, I am very VERY happy!