Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A post in which I deliver dessert

I went back to work today, fuzzy and muzzy and generally just feeling like a wig that had been through the clothes dryer. It was report day, when I start pulling stuff to get ready for tomorrow’s afternoon meeting. Jeannette, my new seat-mate, was like “What’s wrong? Are you OK?” I tried to demur and tell her that it was just trying to get caught up on work from yesterday making me stressed. She looked at me a moment longer and then said “No. This isn’t a work thing. There’s something going on.” Spooky. I’m going to have to mind my p’s and q’s around this girl. She’s very intuitive, with just a bit of something else. She told me her grandmother had been a kind of Mexican sha-woman. Fortunately I was able to come up with something on the spot to try to explain why my energy was off. If she didn't buy it, she was too polite to say so.

After the third time I was almost in tears, I finally realized what was happening – Dom drop. It’s a common phenomenon among those in the life. After flying on adrenaline and endorphins for so long there’s a price to be paid, and I’d been mostly flying for about two days. Oddly, once I realized what was happening I was fine. I calmed right down, got into the groove, and got some work done. By the end of the day I was all caught up from being out.

After work I hit the gym (for the first time in two weeks! and about damn time) and then headed to the grocery store. One of the things I need to do this week is cut the grass. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but it rained in the morning and I used that as an excuse to be lazy. But I had already decided today wouldn’t be the day. When we were re-capping the camp out for Miss Kat and dana, Miss Kat just looks over at me and was like “So do you have one of those chocolate rice crispy treats for me?” in that casual way of Domme assumption that she has. Of course I was floored, but thinking quickly, I remembered that I had some sponge cake and dream whip at the house. I told her I would bring her a small trifle this week. Tonight was the night. I got some tropical fruit, and called them on the way home.

When I got home, my lawn was mowed. That means I owe Danny a cake. Bless his heart. He cut the neighbor’s grass again too.

I threw some supper down my throat, threw the trifle together, cleaned up the kitchen, and headed for Miss Kat and dana’s house. It’s just always good to see them. We had some dessert and a nice visit.

No comments: