Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A post on a strange night

In which things around the house just quit working.

I had a pretty good day at work. I finished up some paperwork my boss had brought back to me to re-do – at 5pm on the Friday before Memorial Day Weekend – and got it signed and off to California for approval.

I sent M some welcome home flowers. I enjoyed sending them, and he seemed really happy with them. He told me tonight that he doesn’t care for roses. Interesting, I have always kind of felt that way about sending them. Sending roses just always seems so pat to me somehow – as if you really didn’t put any thought into it.

I hit the gym after work, and then went home to do stuff at the house. M was coming down tonight. We ended up texting back and forth so much that I didn’t get anything done, but it was OK. He came in while I was scooping the cat box – not the most glamorous image – but still came over for a kiss. After I showered, we just lay on the bed and talked for a while. I love that.

Tonight, I guess, kind of marks the intrusion of the real world into the fantasy stage. Sure we’ve had to go to work and stuff, but today was the point that it came home to me that I can’t go on eating out every night. That I don’t have unlimited funds. (I balanced the checkbook today – I spent WAY too much money in the last two weeks.) Tonight, obstacles started coming up.

We decided just to stay in and eat a frozen pizza. Which was apparently fine. I hated to not be able to offer him better, but he seemed to be fine about that. I wanted to spend time with him, rather than shopping and cooking anyway. I made a couple of salads and went to turn the TV on. And it wouldn’t come on. Apparently the TV is dead. I don’t remember how long I’ve had it, but it’s been at least about seven years, so I guess that’s possible.

Then I noticed that the house was hot. It had gotten heated up baking the pizza, and although the a/c was running outside (I could hear it) there was no cool air blowing in. Hmm. I turned off the air, and decided I’d have to call the repair people tomorrow. I opened the windows and turned on the attic fan to cool the house down some. Fortunately it wasn’t too hot yet tonight. But it was very humid. M was really good about all of this.

We ended up reading for a while, and then cuddling on the couch and talking some more. I found out some more about his past relationships, and probably talked too much about Michael. We talked about the nature of submission vs. the sexual role of a submissive. It was an interesting conversation. He didn’t agree with everything I said, but he was listening. Actually, reading together and talking tonight was great. My big fear is that when he gets to know me, I’ll bore him to tears. If we can read together this is a guy I can really see spending some time with. So as much as I would have liked the magic where we never had to worry about anything but each other to last a bit longer, it is good that I'm starting to see how this might work in the real world. I was worried that when the fantasy ended, so would this relationship. Apparently that is not the case. And that is a very, very good thing.

Not that we spent all of our time reading.

I fell asleep with the fan blowing cool air across the bed, the perspiration built up from sweet sweet loving drying on my body and making the sheets damp, the sweetest boy in the world in the bed bedside me. Even with no air, I’m pretty much king of the world still.

No comments: