Thursday, May 7, 2009

A post in which I get my hair done, and get the low-down

It was pretty much a red letter day today.

I was up at 3:30, again, but I just went ahead and ate something so I could go back to sleep. It worked. I was bleary when I woke up, but at least the reports are pretty much over. By the time I got to the office I was OK though. I had a great day at work.

I was able to clear a bunch of odds and ends off my desk (despite my boss’s new bureaucratic roadblock announced today). I’m almost completely caught up, which almost never happens. I can take Monday off with a clear conscience now.

I had a fraud guy call this afternoon that I could play with. We’d already caught him, so we hadn’t shipped him any product, and I held all the cards. I am just sadistic enough to really enjoy playing with them like a cat with a mouse. Sadly, he realized all too soon that I had his number and he was making no headway, but he still tried to bluster his way through for a bit longer. Not as long as I would have liked, but it was still fun.

I had a big set of documents I have been dreading putting together, but they were in better order than I thought they would be. That task went much more easily than I thought it would.

After work, I went to get my hairs did. On the way there I talked to the new guy, Allen, and asked him out for Monday when I get back. It’s nice to have an actual dinner date to look forward to. That hasn’t happened in a while. Of course once I got to the shop, Russ knew who he was and gave me the skinny on him. I’m taking it with a grain of salt for now. I think I have the fortitude to make it through dinner in any case.

There was also another guy in the shop that Russ introduced me to. He was nice, and I think I may have detected a spark of interest. I hung out at the shop and talked to him while he had his hair cut. He’s a nice guy. He’s not my physical type, but I find that becomes less important the longer I’m single. Sure there needs to be some attraction there, but at this point I’m looking for a companion. I want sex too – I love sex – but that isn’t the definitive thing at this point. Either way, it made me feel good to have a coupla bees buzzin around my honey tree a bit.

After that I went by the post office and mailed my last Mother’s Day card, so that’s done. On my way back I passed a dirt lot where some boys were playing volleyball. There was a shirtless Hispanic guy out there who was so purty he made my teeth hurt. Of course he was in his 20’s, most likely straight, etc, but I didn’t mind looking.

I really needed to do my packing tonight when I got home, but I just felt like sleep was hanging all over me. I washed a load of clothes so my favorite shorts are clean, and put some clothes in a bag. I got some of my bedding stuff together. But I didn’t pre-load the car, as I really should have. I also didn’t toast my coconut tonight, which was my last dessert job. But I guess I can do that on Saturday when I come home to pick everything up. I was just too sleepy to keep going.

No comments: