Sunday, May 24, 2009

A post in which I go bumpin around with Michael

I woke up today singularly unmotivated to do anything. There were plenty of things I needed to do, but nothing I really wanted to do. I played around on the computer. I laid around and read for a while, and tried unsuccessfully to take a nap after breakfast.

Just as it looked like I would just waste the day, Michael called. He has been reading the blog, so he knows what's going on with M and me. He called to congratulate me and tease me a bit.

Since it's been a while since we have seen each other, I suggested we go to dinner tonight. Michael wanted to go out shopping today, but I had a few things I really needed to do before I left the house. We eventually agreed to meet a bit later, but still do some shopping.

I cleaned up, headed his way, and we did some of the Goodwill stores and a Big Lots before going to meet Joe for dinner. Michael found a couple of things, but I ended up not buying anything - this despite the bewildering array of paddles we found in one of the Goodwills. All different sizes. It was like a message or something.

We went to Western Sizzlin' for dinner. I didn't even know there were any of those still open, but they seemed to be doing a brisk business. Michael said that when Clemson is in session, it's really busy. It was another country-style buffet, but the food was good. I had a big salad and then just kind of tried a few other things. They had that same kind of clam chowder they used to have at Shoney's that I like so much. I know it's a mix, but it's awfully tasty.

I talked and visited with Joe a bit over dinner, since he stayed home to do some stuff while we were shopping. We went back to their house after dinner, but they had a lot of irons in the fire, and I headed on home.

I read for a bit, and texted back and forth with M to say goodnight. I really look forward to hearing from him in the evenings. I miss him terribly and surprisingly. But there are only so many ways to say "I miss you" in a text message without repeating yourself. Eventually he went on out with his friends for the last night out. They come back tomorrow!! Woo-hoo!!

No comments: