Friday, May 8, 2009

A post in which I finally get to the camp out!

I was panting with impatience all day long, so of course we had a crisis right when I was about to leave that I had to attend to. But I took care of it, and got the heck out of the office.

I have men coming at me from all directions. I have a date Monday night, I met a guy at the barber shop last night, and today Kay texted me to tell me that she was bringing me a man to the camp out as well! I couldn’t wait, so I had been texting her today at work. It rained cats and dogs for about an hour this morning, but then cleared up. I hope it doesn’t rain tomorrow! Sunday I don’t care about.

I got home, threw things in the car in record time, and was just about to jet out of the house when I realized that a) I had forgotten my cigarettes; and b) I hadn’t taken the frozen cakes out to thaw. I took the cakes out, but couldn’t find my cigarettes anywhere. I just stopped and got more on the way.

I made it to the camp ground in good time and proceeded to start greeting people. There were a lot of new people though. I went in to eat something because I knew I needed to or my blood sugar would be messed up. Russ and Billy had thoughtfully brought me some sushi to eat, which I thought was super nice of them. I ate as fast as I could and still be reasonably polite. I was ready to start socializing!

Kay introduced me to Patrick, the guy she wanted me to meet. He was really nice, but just not at all my type. But if Kay likes him there has to be more to him than I could see.

I found and greeted Joanne, Rob, and Mikah. It’s always good to see them. I know them well enough now that I’m not shy around Mikah anymore. He’s straight, and at first that was hard for me, but he’s such a nice guy that I’ve gotten over it. Rob was his usual flirtatious pretty self. That is one good looking man. Joanne was just like she always is. She’s brassy but she has a heart of gold.

Little Brandy came up on the smoking porch and threw herself at me. She is the sweetest little thing.

As the sun went down, we all greeted each other and settled in to play.

Well some people did anyway. I really wanted to play, but couldn’t seem to get it put together. Kay was too tired; but bless her heart she had worked herself half to death putting everything together and I couldn’t blame her. We decided to play tomorrow afternoon. I had already asked Beth if she wanted to play tomorrow night. I’ve gotten less shy about asking people to play now that I’m a bit more sure of myself. And Beth is super nice. We had a really good talk the last time we shared a room and I got to know her a bit. I really like her.

So I relaxed and smoked and talked, and watched some of the scenes. A very sexy woman with a white streak in her dark hair (ala Lily Munster, only sexier) was working a guy over pretty hard with a single tail. The scene just went on and on. I was amazed he could take so much. I found out later that his wife had a heart problem and couldn’t whoop him anymore, so she came with him to get him what he needed, and sat and watched the scene. I found that very touching.

Rob had some girl on the cross on the other side of the room, flogging her. She was so short he had to get down on his knees to do it, and again it was a long scene. I thought that had to be killing his knees, but he just kept on going.

I hung out with Russ and smoked and talked the evening away. It was good to see everyone. I felt very peaceful; as if I was where I needed to be. I watched the moon rise over the trees and the pond you can see from the lodge, surrounded by friends, and all seemed right with the world.

When we turned in, Joanne was on Ambien and had stayed up too long. She, Russ, Billy, Rob, and Mikah were having quite a high old time giggling and tickling each other and singing little songs like kids. I wish I could remember the words to the “My titties are pretties” song – that was a scream!

1 comment:

Kimberli said...

Have I told you how much I adore you? I just hate that we didn't get a chance to play. and yes, there's lots more to him and I do adore him bunches, but I'm not at all surprised that you two arent eachothers types. It would have been nice, since I adore you both, but still.

Looking forward to tryin' out those new paddles of yours....