Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A post in which I take the night off

Today was back to work. It went pretty well, and I was almost caught up by the end of the day. You always pay for that day off.

After work I went by the grocery store. I cheated for lunch today and too burritos, and had really intended to cook tonight. By the time I got home though, that wasn’t going to happen. Plus I started a really great book today – A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K Hamilton. I haven’t read a bunch of her stuff before, but I’m really enjoying this one. She certainly paints a very vivid mood, if her descriptions are a bit purposefully artsy for me at times. Then again, it’s difficult to write about sex magic that begets faerie power, I guess. This would have been a good book to read in the run-up to the campout next month.

So I gave myself the night off, had a big salad for dinner, and read my book tonight.

No comments: