Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A post in which I get back to the office

Although I wished I hadn't when I got in. My desk was a nightmare. I had the calls to catch up on, 11 new clients to process in, and the weekly report to do. I also had a talk with my boss about problems I'm seeing with another department. To reward my vision, I was saddled with a huge report to prove my assertions. Sigh. It was a long, bad day. By the end of it I had a terrible headache.

After work, I went to the Chinese buffet and stuffed myself. Exactly what the magazines say you should NOT do. Then I went to Whole Foods and bought $40 worth of designer groceries I can't afford. Of course it doesn't take long to spend $40 there. They have a fantastic cheese section, and when they get to the end of a block of cheese they wrap the small bits left and sell them for a dollar or two - brilliant. You can try a new one for only a dollar or two, instead of buying a big piece of an expensive cheese you might not like.

I returned triumphantly home and read until bedtime.

No comments: