Sunday, April 12, 2009

A post in which I have a late lunch out*

I woke up when Terry left this morning. I said good bye to him, ate a sandwich, and went back to bed.

I woke back up a bit after 11. My phone was making the text noise in the kitchen. I saw that a buddy had texted me, and wanted to come over. He got here, and then spent a half hour in the bathroom. After he left, I surveyed the carnage. Between him and Terry the bathroom was trashed. I remember some of the downsides to living with someone now. Apparently the simple twisting motion of wringing out a washcloth eludes the average North American male. Products were strewn pretty much where they had been dropped, and the cat litter the cats had tracked out in the night had been mixed with water and ground into pasty smudges stuck to the linoleum. I just didn’t have the fortitude to deal with it for the moment though.

I made a spot of lunch, checked my email, and turned on telly. I actually got dressed to go out and run some errands, but the couch sucked me in and I never made it to the door. Since Charlie and the Chocolate Factory came on, I ate my Easter chocolate cross. It only had 400 calories in it, and that is less than two Reese’s eggs. Or so I rationalized.

I was lying on the couch, dozing in and out in between watching parts of the movie, when Miss Kat called to ask me out to lunch with them. Did I really need to eat more? Hell no. But I would have to eat at some point anyway, and it would get me out of the house. I loaded up the car with a bunch of errand stuff and headed out.

They were actually a bit late, but it was such a pretty day it was nice to just sit on the porch in a rocker and wait. I called Dad while I waited and asked him about some ammo that dana wants. Of course he asked me a hundred questions that I had no answers for. He and Eve have apparently pretty much lived at church this week with all the Easter stuff going on. They went to Wilkesboro today to get Grandma Shumate and take her to church. She was so excited she was up at 5am to get ready, but then she got sick with her inner ear and had to go back to bed. She wasn’t able to go. I know she was really disappointed about that. Bless her heart. So they ate the lunch they had brought to her house, visited with her for a while, and headed for home.

We ended up eating lunch around 4:30 or so. Afterwards, Miss Kat charged me with getting my errands done, and I was happy for the extra motivation, which I sorely needed. I ran some errands, picking up a new dish drainer en route, which was long overdue. It did go down in the sink (after some persuasion), but it’s pretty crappy quality. I can’t find a good one that will fit in the sink, and it’s pissing me off.

I had been to the grocery store, so when I got home I started laundry, and got the bathroom up to code for a human residence again. By the time I got all that done, I was pretty wiped. I had a snack, and called Mom and talked to her about how Poppy is doing and how her weekend went. Then I turned on some Charter on demand and turned in. I was too tired to be annoyed by Monster Quest.

No comments: