Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A post in which I stay home

Although I guess I shouldn't have. I got up this morning with every intention of going to work. But just. Couldn't. I was just too damn depressed.

I was lying on the sofa, kind of half watching a movie, when I heard a mower in the yard. I looked out the window and it was Danny, my friend Kim's husband, mowing the grass. He had just pulled up, unloaded the mower, and got to work. That was one of the things that I was going to have to do today. He just told me he figured that I wasn't going to feel like fooling with it, and he was already out mowing grass today. For good measure, he mowed the next-door neighbor's yard too - said it looked bad. Frankie is still living there with a roommate, and they still don't have a lawnmower, so they hadn't mowed their grass at all this year. Frankly, it did look bad. They are sweet girls though. Danny is such a sweetheart. When he got done, I poured him some tea and we sat on the front porch to drink it. He told me about his father dying recently. He and Kim are good people. I should see more of them.

I didn't really do much the rest of the day.

No comments: