Thursday, April 9, 2009

A post in which I spend an evening in the kitchen

My boss was out today. It was kind of like a little vacation. It seems as if he’s always looking over my shoulder now.

I got my work done for our meeting tomorrow, worked out, and headed for the library. I picked up a book I had ordered and then went to the store. I had to get salad fixings. Justin kind of sprung on me that he wanted me to bring a side dish for tomorrow. He’s having ham, but I couldn’t bring potato salad (the official Easter side dish for ham) because he doesn’t eat anything with mayonnaise. I decided to make a couscous salad I copied from Garner’s back when they used to sell food. It’s really good.

I got home and started cooking, stopping briefly to throw some dinner down my throat. Justin called while I was cooking to ask what I was making and then told me that Amanda wouldn’t eat that (&^%$#!! picky eaters!! Makes me nuts.) I guess she can eat a ham sandwich.

By the time I finished up the salad and cleaned up the kitchen, I was bushed and it was time for bed. Still, nice to spend an evening in the kitchen cooking for other people. I haven’t done that in a while.

2 comments:

JLo said...

You asked what you could bring! And I said Amanda would be fine with whatever since she doesn't really eat anything. She's used to making do with whatever is there.

thefabulousmrthing said...

I asked you if I needed to run by the store for more eggs because I was bringing another guest. Very diff, but it wasn't a big deal Justin. I enjoy cooking for other people. I just wish you had eaten some.