Saturday, April 18, 2009

A post in which I go to the Red Party

dana called me this morning to tell me again how much she enjoyed the concert, which I thought was very nice of her.

I was lazy. Really lazy. I couldn't be bothered to do anything. I was going to the flea market this morning to see if anything struck my fancy as far as hat construction, but then I got up, peed, and slept until 10:30, so that didn't happen.

I slept in. I took a nap. I really needed to clean up pressure-washing stuff, but I didn't.

I eventually did shift my ass to straighten up the house a bit, since Terry was coming to stay tonight. About the time I got out of the shower, though, I had a message from him that he wasn't coming. Apparently his mother had to go to the hospital, but he didn't leave any details. I didn't mind. It was starting to look like Whitney Houston lives here, and it was high time I did some straightening up.

I had talked to dana about going over there tonight, but I called Billy to talk to him because I haven't seen him in about a month. He was in London for two weeks. They were going to Dean and Scott's Red Party tonight. I don't even remember getting a Red Party bulletin this year. I decided to go with them. It had been too long since I had seen them.

When I got to the house, they were working on Russ's hat. He's got a great one this year.

I talked to Mom before we left. Still no change. She's going to the hospital tomorrow - she's been staying with Granny. She told me to just go on with my weekend as I would anyway, and she'd call me if she needed me.

Of course Russ had a couple of other people going. Brian and Vince went with us, both sans their lovers this evening. As usual, Dean and Scott always have an interesting mix of people. There was one cute little straight boy that everyone was kind of mooning over. He was very cute, and a nice guy. But hello, he was practically embryonic. Not that that would matter to one of the guys there, who basically came close to confessing to being a pedophile. He said he is strict about obeying the age limit laws because he doesn't want to go to jail, and of course that is a good thing, but he was creepy. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of young guys go for him. He's not that attractive, doesn't appear to be particularly wealthy (it happens), not that entertaining, and he's kind of fat. Most men who are into younger guys are really scrupulous about maintaining their youthful appearance and looking younger than they are. Not this guy. And of course it is a total dysfunctional and hypocritical gay reaction to find it more creepy because he wasn't attractive. That's fucked up, I recognize. But we were all pretty much creeped out.

Billy got TORE DOWN. He was as drunk as I have ever seen him. Between outrageously flirting (well, dry humping to be technical) with Vince, he talked and laughed loudly - even when Brian went into catty mode and said some pretty bitchy joke things about him. That's just Brian's style. We closed the place down (at like 10pm) and headed home. Russ and Billy have a birthday luncheon for his mother tomorrow, and then the hat party is tomorrow afternoon. So it's a big day coming up.

No comments: