Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A post in which I feel yuckky*

I had terrible insomnia last night, and woke up feeling crappy.

I did do a good bit today though.

I did laundry, which badly needed doing. I made a batch of egg salad out of the rest of the eggs. I also finally set up a profile on "manhunt". Everyone I know is already on there, so I figured why the heck not. When I got on and started looking around, it wasn't as trashy as I figured it would be. Trashy, yes, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Lots of young guys though, and about 80% of them are tops - just my luck. Still, it was interesting.

I also watched Elizabeth with Cate Blanchette today. It had been on my "to watch" list for a while, and I noticed it on the free section of Charter On Demand the other day. Miss Kat should get royalties from them. That is so the only reason I still have them hooked up in my house. The movie was excellent. Very dramatic and dark. It wasn't sugar-coated. Joseph Fiennes is so beautiful he made my teeth hurt. I am petty enough that there was a part of me that found his character's humiliation gratifying. I'm not proud of it, but it's true. Maybe I'm turning into a bitter old man. At any rate, he certainly is leading a charmed life in real life, so it isn't like he was really hurt or anything. He's pretty enough to be one of Angela's husbands. I wonder if she's ever dated him? I hope that I'm not turning in to my dad. Please God, don't make me need to denigrate something just because I can't have it.

It was raining yet again this morning, but cleared up by the afternoon. I turned out pretty. Maybe we'll have some pretty weather, although it's supposed to rain Sunday on the hat party.

No comments: