Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day**

I was whooped. I slept until 1pm today.

When I got up, I fooled around on line for a bit, made a visit to a friend, then took a nap.

But I had stuff to do. My peas were done, and I made my greens so I could have my dollars and cents for New Years. I baked some Jiffy cornbread, since I couldn't find any plain cornmeal, and there wasn't anyone coming over anyway.

I spent the day getting ready for work tomorrow. I washed clothes, packed my lunch, straightened up the house a bit, stuff like that. I have like 8,000 things waiting for me when I get in. I wanted to have the house kind of presentable in case Terry and John come over to do gifts tomorrow night. They have called and said they might be free then.

I became fascinated by the "half ton marathon" on The Learning Channel. They ran a bunch of specials about people who are classified as "super-morbidly obese", their trials and tribulations, and their attempts to get help and bariatric surgery. I was fascinated, and couldn't take my eyes off the screen. One woman weighed 900 pounds. One man weighed over 1,000. I guess it was good motivation for most people to start their New Year's diets, but it made me want to eat - how sick is that? I watched and ate peppermint ice cream with hot fudge.

I know, I'm at my heaviest right now. I know I need to lose some weight. But I only generally buy ice cream at Christmas, since peppermint is my fave, and that's the only time of year its at the grocery store. So I'll start watching what I eat, but I can't really diet until the Christmas ice cream is gone. It'll get all ice-spikey and yucky if I don't eat it.

I turned in early.

No comments: