Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year - Welcome to the Year of the Ox!



Like I don't have enough bull in my life....

OK that was bad.

Seriously, Chinese New Year is today, and this begins the Year of the Ox in the Chinese zodiac. Which suits me fine, because frankly I have enough wily, crafty rats in my life already.

According to Wikipedia, the Ox is sensible, down to earth, modest, a natural leader, and not afraid of hard work. That sounds like just what we need right now. A little return to common sense and hard work.

Good fortune to you and yours, Happy Chinese New Year, and lets hope our new president embodies the calm, practical ox.

So I'm wondering if I can justifiably go eat Chinese food tonight like I did last year...

2 comments:

Ms. Red said...

Do you really need justification to go eat cheese stuffed fried wontons or chicken flied lice? I know I never have!
Happy New year from your favorite Virgo Dragon!

thefabulousmrthing said...

Weeeell, maybe not to eat it, but to justify spending the money and the extra calories, which I really just don't need right now. I already had a Cheerwine at lunch.