Friday, January 30, 2009

A post in which I coordinate an adventure and entertain a guest*

I paid today for those two weeks of peace when my boss was out of town. He gave me the write-offs back at 3:30 today. Even Harry Houdini himself couldn't have gotten them through corporate in two hours. So I did what I could.

I was headed home to clean when Justin called. He wanted to go shopping, but didn't know what for. I headed on to the house to start straightening up a bit, and he showed up there. It turned out that Justin was looking more for novelty than an actual shopping goal. We ended up going downtown. Mass General has (finally!!) started staying open until 9pm. We strolled through there, and through a little art gallery downtown, then had dinner at Cantinflas. Sadly, they had taken my favorite thing off the menu, a mushroom burrito that was great. But they still had their fabulous guacamole, and I had a Mexican-fusion Caesar salad with grilled portobellos and black beans that was quite good.

We dropped by Coffee Underground for some hot chocolate, since for some reason I was craving it (I have been put off, because I usually burn the fuck out of my mouth - like every time I drink it). While there, we spotted this odd-looking guy. He was obviously quite proud of his physique, but was wearing a skin-tight sweater that was doing his tummy no favors, very tight black pegged pants, and fabulous shoes. He still had the size sticker on the sweater. I double-dog dared Justin to go peel it off and he did! He talked to the guy first, but still.

By this time, Jay had called and was getting close to town. We headed back to the house and watched a bit of Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte while we waited.

It was so good to see Jay. That man and I just really work together. SO well. I have done my best to talk him into moving back to Greenville, but no dice.

He ended up not staying the night. On the one hand, I wanted him to, but on the other hand I was a bit glad because the last two guys who have stayed over had made it a crappy night's sleep for yours truly. He said the dogs were acting up. They stay in a pen, but I'm sure Jinx would have been way pissed.

I put in a movie and drifted off to dreamland, well satisfied.

1 comment:

JLo said...

I take my double-dog dares VERY seriously.