Thursday, January 15, 2009

Even more purposin = a long busy day

I was up at 5:30 this morning, so decided since I had the extra time anyway, I would make some coffee and get geared up. Good thing I did.

I got to work and started working like a demon on write-offs, trying to get them in before my boss is gone next week. I was hoping to get them approved before he left, since when he returns the last week of the month I'll have to beg all week. I am way tired of that. I didn't get them all finished though.

I left on my lunch hour to meet Rick and JD at the house. They are going to start working on taking out trees tomorrow. There are some scrub trees, one of which is broken, on the side of the house that really need to be taken out. While they are doing that anyway, I'm having them take out the red buds beside the driveway, since they are diseased and dying, and the purple plum beside my front walk. I had a long debate with myself over that one.

Michael and I had a big fight the day he put that tree out. We had tickets for the Peace Center, and I was trying to finish about a hundred enchiladas. I asked him to go ahead and get ready so I didn't have to worry about that. For some reason (the tree had been in a pot in the back yard for weeks) he decided to take that moment to set it out. And not where I had intended for it to go. It was too close to the house. Plus, I had wanted to put the ashes of my dog Cleo out under the tree, so it would be kind of like a marker for her, and didn't have time to go find the ashes right that moment. But he insisted, and I didn't have time to argue with him. So he set it out way too close to the house. Last year, it dumped slimy plums all over the walk. The squirrels were eating them, but I don't think people can. Anyway, it made a huge mess, and I was tracking all these plums into the house. Plus I kept having to cut it away from the house, it blocked the satellite signal, etc. It just has to go.

So anyway, they're coming to do that tomorrow, and it's costing me $600.00(!!), but the yard service wanted $800+, and since the trees are around power lines, I guess that's as cheap as it's going to get.

I don't seem to be happy if I have any money in my savings account for some reason.

Anyway, I ate lunch at my desk and worked like a demon all afternoon too but still wasn't able to finish write-offs. One of my agencies didn't get my work list to me.

About time to get off work, BB called. I have custody of her while Dick and Eve are at the Shot Show. She needed incontinence pads and Diet Coke. Buying incontinence pads was an experience. I had never done that before. I first tried with the baby diapers, but surprisingly the baby diapers and the adult diapers are on two different sides of the store. That made no sense to me, but whatever. I found all kinds of diapers, but no pads, initially. I eventually found them, and then they didn't have the drinks BB wanted. But I found some that would work. I was standing in line thinking that I was buying the soda and the pads to soak it up with at the same time, and kind of felt the irony there. Then this guy waiting in the line gave me an impromptu lecture on the evils of aspartame. I told him this was for my 92 year old grandmother in the nursing home, and if that's what she wanted I was going to get it for her. I took it all over there. She was very sweet about thanking me.

By this time I was ravenous. I went to the China Buffet and ate 87 pounds of food before going home to collapse. I didn't feel so great, and I have to be up early in the morning to take Crooner to the vet. He gets his teeth done tomorrow.

No comments: