Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to work*

It was a fairly laid-back day today. Most of the country had been able to take the "bridge" day off, and were off from NYE through to the 5th. My boss was off, and that made things more relaxed. I had an amazing amount of things to do. I sorted through 500+ emails and got my in-box straightened out so I could work. I even got all my call-backs and follow-ups done. I have month-end to do, but some of the daily reports screwed up while they were on automatic, and some of the monthly reports didn't run at all. Since there wasn't anyone there to fix them, there wasn't a lot I could do about that. About 2pm, people started leaving because there was nothing for them to do. There weren't really any orders going in. I left about 3pm. I got more done today than I thought I would, and the rest will all still be there when I get back.

Terry called to tell me that they were not free tonight, so I didn't have to worry about fluffing the house.

On the way home, I ran through CVS for dental floss, and ended up pulling a Russ and spending $20. They had all the Christmas on half price, and I wandered through to see if there were perchance any Reese's Christmas Trees left (as if I need them), but there weren't. But I did pick up Christmas cards for next year, since they were on super discount mark-down and they had some cute bear ones. I always send bear cards. They also had gift card tins on sale for $1.25 each, and since those are usually ridiculously high, I picked up some of them, etc. I have spent an amazing amount of money in the last two weeks.

I really wanted pizza buffet for lunch, but the traffic on Woodruff Road was just un-Godly from people doing the after-Christmas sales, so I virtuously went home, ate soup, salad, and crackers, and took a nap. When I woke up, I was a bit anxious, so I went to see my new buddy and had my hooves polished.

My virtue effectively broken, I went by ComoPete's and got a big ole greasy fat(veggie)burger with fries and onion-rings for dinner. It was sooooo good. About the time I finished stuffing my face and was thinking about more peppermint ice cream, Miss Kat called to see what I was up to. I had forgotten that they had company coming for the weekend, a gay friend of dana's named Greg. They wanted me to meet him, even though he lives in Atlanta and is another top. I'm always up for a new friend though, and he was a nice guy. I visited with them until late, then toddled home and fell into bed.

Robert is coming in the morning to go shopping, so I need a bit of rest.

No comments: