Thursday, January 8, 2009

Playin in the glass

Justin called today and said he was free tonight, so I invited him down. It was a busy evening. I had an appointment to get my hair cut, so I went on and did that, and Justin let himself in. When I got to the house I gave him his surprise - an old late 50's-era home economics textbook on clothes. He seemed to get as big a kick out of it as I thought he would, which was gratifying.

I had the chance to be good tonight, but I turned aside. I had homemade soup in the fridge to feed him for supper, but I decided I didn't want that. Justin would have been perfectly happy with it - his soup and sandwich obsession apparently knows no bounds. I found out that after he talked to me about having soup and sandwich for dinner, he went on and had that for lunch anyway. We went to Cici's Pizza instead, where I inhaled 875 pounds of pizza. Justin also introduced me to their dessert cinnamon buns, which I had not previously eaten, and we polished off a few pounds of them also.

When I got back to the house I didn't really feel like moving, but Justin was all up for playing in the glass. I had asked him to come re-arrange my cabinets for me. He is more artistic about it than I am, and I needed to go through and put some stuff in the attic and make some room in the cabinets for new stuff.

We talked about glass all evening. Justin is the only person I know that I can do that with.

He left at 10:30. The cabinets were re-arranged, the other glass was packed up and in the attic, along with the few things I got down for Christmas. It was a highly enjoyable and productive evening. I had wanted to get the Christmas put away in case Brad came for the party on Saturday, but when I talked to him this evening he sad he wasn't coming. Sigh. But I guess it will work out if it's supposed to.

No comments: