Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Solstice with Terry and John


Terry called today and said they were free tonight. We had been trying to get together, and I had nothing planned, so that worked out fine. I had to give the house a quick wash and a brush up before they got there though.

It's always good to see Terry. I miss him. I wonder what is going on with him that he doesn't tell me. Their phone number has changed again.

He seemed to really like his gift, a little novelty set of Edward Gorey tarot cards. You can't use them, but he really likes Edward Gorey, I know. I got John a bottle of rum, liquor being my defacto boyfriend-in-law or brother-in-law gift. It was a nice bottle though, all done up in blue collophane. It was pretty. I had never heard of the brand, but didn't want to just get plain ole Bacardi.

They got me a copy of Danny La Rue's movie Our Miss Fred, which I haven't seen before, although I have of course read about Danny La Rue. He was a cherished dame of the old-school stage in London I knew, but I thought he had gone on eventually and gotten a sex-change. That wasn't so. Anyway. He was the Rue Paul of the 70s in the UK.

It was nice visit, but they didn't stay very long. After they left I just cleaned up, ate dinner, and went to bed.

No comments: