Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A quiet evening*

I got my month end for December done today, and got through the weekly report too, but was fairly frazzled. Work is heating back up. I got very frustrated on a conference call they sent me into unprepared today. But that's work.

One funny thing did happen at work today. As you may not know, my company just built a new wing, and I'm in said wing. The workmen have been trying to get a release on the building, but there are always a lot of touch-ups and things that have to be done. They have a system. First they send a person through with sticky dots to mark places on the wall. When that is done, they send a guy back with supplies, he takes the sticker off, and fixes it. This has been going on for weeks. There are two stickers in the men's room that haven't moved though. I've been watching them to see what would happen. I finally couldn't stand it any more. When a crew came around today I mentioned to the supervisor that said stickers were still on the wall, and that the places in the paint un-finished. His solution? He walked to the men's room and peeled the stickers off the wall. That's it folks, he's done.

I'm really loving not having anything to do after work, after being run half crazy last month.

When I got home, I just decided to have a little indulgent me time thank you very much. I made some popcorn and put real butter on it, made myself some blackberry tea, and sat down and finished up my latest MaryJanice Davidson book. I fooled around on line for a bit, and watched some telly while I ate supper. It was a pleasant enough evening for a weekday.

I'm still de-toxing from the holidays. I've eaten vegetables and bread this week, a minimum of cheese, and no fish or alchohol (weeeeellll I did have a drink and a couple o ciggies with Terry and John last night, actually). I've been in a terrible mood of crankiness (from work resumption, not my diet), but I'm starting to feel human again. I have just got to drop some weight.

No comments: