Friday, January 23, 2009

Those ^&%$#@!! curtains are finished and hung!

Work was pretty calm today. I am caught up for the moment, and my boss was so behind from being out of town that he just stayed in his office with no time to get creative today. And good for me.

After work it was off to Spartanburg to hang curtains. But since James wasn't getting off work until later, Justin and I headed out for supper and a bit of shopping. We had some Mexican food, and dropped by Ross's Dress For Less. They had some of those wonderful Anastasia Coconut Patties, and I got a box. They didn't have any plain ones, but they had almond flavor, which, it turns out, is pretty damn good.

We spotted a bear guy outside of the pet store, and I was like, "Oh, I'm sure he's a straight redneck guy." He then proceeded to hit on Justin at the pet store. Yeah, he needs another frickin boyfriend.

We also went to Aldi, because Justin had never been there and wanted to go. Many of the near-brand names were funny, but my favorite is below:

Could they have found a more suggestive name for these bars? And can you see a redneck guy pulling one of these out of his lunch box at the job site?

In retrospect, I should have taken a picture of the fake Chex, called "Corn Squares". That was pretty funny as well.

By the time we got back to the house, it was time to go to James's for the main event. I went over and hung the curtains. But he had re-arranged the bedroom (his current beau is moving in), and there was no way to install the tie-back hooks and show them tied back. But they're getting ready to move to a different, larger apartment anyway. If you don't sew, they just look like nothing. But these puppies were a bitch to turn out. I'd never make it as a Guatemalan. But of course if I was a Guatemalan, I'd be harvesting bananas. Or I'd at least have a serger.

The curtains en situ.

A closer view of the attached valance. And showing the piping, where I finally got the stripes to match up in the middle.

James said he was very relieved that I matched up the stripes. He said he wondered if I would, since he made such a big deal out of how they didn't have to be perfect. Obviously he has had limited dealings with Virgos. I was very glad to have it done.

That done, we had a nice visit, smoked, talked and laughed. James made cinnamon buns, and they were wonderful. I really didn't need to know how good those are. I previously shunned all baked products from a tube, and was no doubt the healthier for it. Cinnamon buns are such a bitch to make from scratch that they were effectively not in my diet. No more, sadly. Just what I needed.

No comments: