Monday, January 12, 2009

A decent Monday

Work was work. I did manage to start scaling some of the "things to scan" pile on my desk today. I also worked some on that (*&^&%#!! insurance stuff. Today was our "holiday luncheon" at work. The company decided not to have the holiday parties this year, citing the expenditure, so the departments were given a set amount of funds to have a meal for their employees. My department chose to have barbecue. That means I get a plate of beans and cole slaw. Meh. I'm used to it. And I did have a packed lunch there if I wanted it. I wish I was like Robert, and the smell of the barbecue made me sick. I thought it smelled delicious. Terry, who sits behind me, was trying to talk me into eating some of it. I gave it some serious thought, but didn't. They also had little banana pudding cups that were full of chemicals, but tasty. Terry was telling me how glad she was that they didn't have "big chunks of banana" in it. She likes the banana flavoring better than real bananas. Typical. God forbid there should be any vegetable or fruit in a meal - particularly a celebratory meal.

When I got home I decided to cook since I needed lunches for the rest of the week. I was going to make the sour cream stuff, but I had a pound of cream cheese dip left from the game, so I just melted that into a bechemel sauce to go on my pasta. I had cooked fake chicken with onions and mushroom to go into it too, and folded in steamed green peas when I got done. It turned out pretty good, but I didn't salt it enough. It could have used some more tomatoes and garlic for flavoring too. But for using up leftover dip, it was pretty damn good.

I listened to Return of the Jedi with half an ear while I was cooking.

Fran called while I was cleaning up, which I discourage. But I talked to her for a bit about a problem she's having with some of our accounts anyway. She swore not to make a habit of using my personal cell number.

No comments: