Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

The gorgeous buffet. This doesn't even show the homemade eggnog, cheesecake, and other stuff that was on other tables. The food was so fabulous that I gave Kimbley and Laura "honorary fag status".

The lovely Christina and Jennifer partaking of said food. I have a bit of a crush on Christina. She has the long curly hair and soft eyes of a Byzantine Madonna. Isn't she lovely?

The smoking porch. Left to right: JB is making a picture of Rick and this girl I didn't know. Next Kimbely and Laura (cigarette in her mouth), then Christina, and Lacy on the far right with bun #2 in the oven.

A beautiful picture of Donnie (aka D'relda D'remus) and Kimbley. This was made with my crappy camera, and I really wish it had come out more clearly. I love them both so much!

I lay around the house all afternoon and really didn't feel like doing anything. But I got in a wee nappie, and got up and got myself going. I didn't want to miss this party, because I adore Kimbely and Laura, and because there would be a bunch of people I wanted to see. Plus I knew it would be a fun party.

I got there about 7:30, and was one of the first to arrive. The food was gorgeous, delicious, and plentiful. The proverbial groaning board. Even though we ate and ate, it just seemed like nothing got gone. K&L had some guests staying who were really working on the food. They cooked all evening. One manned the grill, turning out a luscious smoked salmon, chicken skewers, etc; while the other stayed in the kitchen working up a batch of incredibly rich homemade eggnog that packed quite a wallop.

But I was just over-frolicked from all that I have been doing. There was a football game going in the den that I know very little about. The smoking porch was really smoky, because the wood had gotten wet or something, and the straight guys kept playing in the fire. I stayed out there a while and talked to Kimbely, and when Cindy got there, I talked to her until she left. I just love her, and don't see her that often. Karen and Bobby where there, and I really like them. Karen was feeling no pain, and had quite a time. James was tore down, and was dancing with her, or indeed just by himself. I didn't want to get that drunk, because driving on NYE scares me - my friend Bernadette always says "that's when the amateur drunks drive", and that seems to be right.

Nicole got there, and I spent some time talking to her on the porch too. I really like her, and she's fun to talk to. She's almost as bitchy as I am, but she's more vocal. JD was wearing an Alexander Julian shirt tonight - in rainbow colors no less, which was funny because he is so incredibly straight. Nicole called him on the shirt, and when he bragged about the designer wear, she much clocked him on the fact that the shirt had to be at least 20 years old. It was pretty fucking funny, I have to say. She's great.

I finally retreated to the living room for a bit, just for a bit of peace, and to look at the tree for a while. Jennifer and Christina joined me out there, and I talked to them for a while. They are both really sweet, and I really like them a lot, but I only seem to see them at Kimbley and Laura's. But more people started coming in as it got closer to midnight, and it got really noisy in there too.

By that time, it was getting close to the ball drop, and they changed the TV over to Times Square. NBC had pulled poor old Dick Clark out of the oxygen tank, or wherever they keep him, and we counted down the year with him. The ball dropped, and Nicole and I kissed each other, just to see how fucked up a precedent that would set in our love lives for the next year. NYE 2006 I kissed Michael, and spent that year (and some more really) getting over him. NYE 2007 I kissed some guy that immediately left after midnight, and pretty much have had every guy I liked be un-obtainable this year. I figure after kissing Nicole for NYE 2008, I'll probably be dating a Japanese quadriplegic or something next year. Her love life is as fucked up as mine is. I loathe the song "Aud Lany Sine". I've never cared for New Years. It always depresses me, and makes me think about spending another year alone. But being at Kimbley and Laura's party surrounded by people I love makes it better.

I was really pretty much partied out though. James was still raring to go, and I stayed for a bit, but by 12:30 I had just had enough. I made my way carefully home, and gratefully got into my bed. I had a lovely time, but it was good to be home.

No comments: